Protect your bike with DNA+
Thank you for being a valued customer of the AARP® Motorcycle
Insurance Program from Foremost. As an added benefit exclusively for
customers of this program, you will or have already received a
complimentary DNA+ Forensic Coding System.
This DNA+ Forensic Coding System will discourage thieves from stealing your bike and will help police
recover it should it be stolen. Your bottle of DNA+ contains a unique
solution with coded microdots registered exclusively to you.
The liquid is an adhesive that is easy to apply and virtually impossible to remove. It
dries clear but shows up under UV lights. If your bike is stolen, police can
quickly find your unique DNA+ identity on an international database.
Your DNA+ Forensic Coding System also includes special decals that warn
potential thieves your bike is protected by DNA+.
Safeguard your bike today with DNA+. It’s just one of the many
benefits of having a policy through the AARP Motorcycle Insurance
Program from Foremost.
Debra C. Powell
Director, Foremost Member Services
Foremost Express Insurance Agency, Inc.
Forensic coding is easy for police to detect – and they actively look
for any sign of forensic coding. This means lost or stolen items are
more likely to be returned.
Any item forensically coded with DNA+ is connected to its owner.
DNA evidence makes it easier for the police to secure convictions,
which is why they like it and use it.
The greatest worry for any thief is being caught.
When thieves see that your motorcycle is forensically protected,
they are more likely to pick an easier target that reduces the
risk of being caught.
Foremost® wants to protect you from the heartache and frustration
that can be caused by the theft of your treasured motorcycle. DNA+
will help protect your bike, as will the outstanding coverage you have
from Foremost, the motorcycle specialists.
Strictly one bike per forensic code. For evidence of ownership in court, your bottle of DNA+ Forensic Coding should not be applied to more than one motorcycle.
STEP 1 Apply warning decals first
- Even if you do not have time to apply DNA+ Forensic Coding Solution at this moment, apply the warning decals immediately to deter thieves.
STEP 2 Where should I apply DNA+?
- See below for the best coding locations for applying DNA+.
Apply the solution in as many of these locations as you can.
- If you have any concerns about marking your bike, please test DNA+ on an inconspicuous area or another similar surface beforehand.
Suggested Coding Locations
- Inside steering stem
- Under instrument cluster
- VIN plate (across)
- Fairings (inside)
- Fork yoke (bottom)
- Front fork (rear, both sides)
- Front rim (hub)
- Front axle (inside)
- Engine cylinder head
- Engine crankcase (R/H side)
- Engine crankcase (L/H side)
- Frame (inside where possible)
- Swing-arm (inside)
- Rear axle (inside)
- Rear rim (hub)
- Tail fairing (inside)
- Seat (underside)
- Wiring loom
- Fuel tank (underside)
STEP 3 How should I apply DNA+?
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- The solution is white when applied, but becomes clear as it dries.
- The digital nano particles in the solution may show up as black specks, particularly on light surfaces, so it should be applied in concealed areas.
- First remove the bike seat and any easily detachable fairings.
- Make sure the surface is clean, dry and free from dust, dirt or grease.
- Shake the bottle thoroughly before starting and occasionally during use.
- Allow the brush to pick up a few particles in the DNA+ solution.
- Apply a thin dab of the solution to the surface with a twisting action.
- When finished, clean the top of the bottle and securely replace the cap so it can be used on new parts you might add in the future.
- Affix one of the barcode labels under seat or in a location NOT EXPOSED TO THE ELEMENTS. This barcode sticker contains your unique ID.
Your unique ID is also found on the bottle of DNA+ and the application guidelines that you received by mail.
STEP 4 A few things to avoid:
- Don’t apply to surfaces which you wish to remain clear of marking. If this happens, wipe clean immediately with a damp cloth.
- Don’t dilute the solution.
- Don’t apply it to moving parts, i.e. nuts, bolts, keys and switches.
- Don’t store or use in air / surface temperatures below 45°F or above 90°F.
- Don’t write with the solution; a dab is all that is required.